1) How many credits do I have to be enrolled in to be a full time student? A full time student is enrolled in 12 credits. According to NCAA regulations a student-athlete must be registered as a full time student and earn 24 credits their first year.
2) Do I have to attend study hall and how many hours do I need to complete?
3) I'm a transfer student, where can I find help for a smooth transition?
4) What are the guidelines for taking courses at other institutions?
5) I have a learning disability, how can I get help?
6) If I am having difficulty adjusting to Mason or difficulty in the relationship with my coach and/or teammates, what should I do? Individual counseling is available to student-athletes for personal, social, academic, career, athletic or other concerns through psychological services provided by the Intercollegiate Athletic Department. Interested student-athletes may make an appointment by contacting the Sports Psychologist, Dr. Debbie Wilson at 703-993-3254. All counseling is confidential and free of charge to student-athletes.
Parent Frequently Asked Questions
1) I'd like to know my student-athlete's grades, how can I find out?
2) My student-athlete is a freshman or a transfer student, where can he/she find help for a smooth transition and adjustment?
The Transfer Center provides services to transfer and transitioning undergraduate students through pre-admission and transition advising; coordination of activities with Admissions and Orientation offices; and advocacy assistance in facilitating connections to the campus community.
3) My student-athlete has a learning disability, how can he/she get help?
4) I noticed my student-athlete is having difficulty
adjusting to Mason or difficulty in the relationship with their coach
and/or teammates and change in mood, who can he/she contact for help?