The George Mason women's tennis team defeated the host Mount Saint Mary's on Friday by a score of 5-2.
"This was a good win since we haven't competed in three weeks," said head coach Stephen Curtis. "We
still have a lot of work to do to get ready for the remainder of our
The Patriots took an early lead by securing two of the three doubles matches, earning the doubles point. Mason then went on to win four of the six singles matches.
With wins in their respective matches, senior Brooke Blackwell and sophomore Kate Desiatnikova are now tied for the team lead in singles wins with nine along with freshman Tori Zalewski.
Mason is back in action at Howard on March 28th before a
weekend home stand against Longwood on March 31st and then Goerge
Washington on April 1st. Due to the predicted inclement weather, Saturday's match has been postponed. No makeup date has been announced.
Mason 5, Mt. St. Mary's 2
1) Alison Wingo/Ashley Delaney lost to S. Pinchoff/K. Conroy, 1-8
2) Kiersten Pappas/Liza Davis defeated C. Landini/R. Deane, 8-5
3) Brooke Blackwell/Andy Londen defeated L. Rossi/L. Clarke, 8-0
1) Wingo defeated Pinchoff, 6-1, 6-7 (10), 7-6 (5)
2) Delaney lost to Conroy, 6-2, 5-7, 6-7 (5)
3) Blackwell defeated Deane, 6-4, 6-0
4) Davis defeated Landini, 6-2, 6-3
5) Sara Novakovic lost to Rossi, 4-6, 2-6
6) Desiatnikova defeated J. Smith, 6-4, 6-4